Boating at Stratford-upon-Avon
Avon Boating is one of England's oldest and largest traditional boating companies, offering boats for hire on one of the finest rivers in the country, the Avon at Stratford.
We operate a fleet of classic Edwardian passenger vessels on regular public cruises from the Bancroft Gardens next to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, and offer a variety of private cruises for groups.
From our old boathouse on the edge of the river bank, we hire out rowing boats, punts, and self-drive motor boats for those wanting to explore the further reaches of the river.
We invite you to come; to relax and enjoy the town's riverside setting and the tranquil waters of the Avon by boat, as our customers have done for well over 100 years.
"...the sweetest and most heart-valued of all the rivers of England; Shakespeare's softly flowing Avon."
Marie Corelli 1903
- Single and Double Rowing Boats
- Traditional Pleasure Punts
- Canadian Canoes
- Self Drive Motor Boats
- The Original 40 minute River Cruise on our Fleet of Traditional Vessels
- Private Charter for groups, and that Special Occasion Afloat
- Packages including food and drink with top local bars and restaurants